Terms and Conditions
Your statutory customer rights are not affected
Access to and use of our Web Site ("the Site") and the sale and purchase of products from the Site are governed by the terms and conditions of use and the terms and conditions of business (together "terms and conditions") set out below.
By using the Site you agree to accept these terms and conditions. If you do not wish to accept these terms and conditions, please do not use this Site.
This Site is operated and owned by Toys 'R' Us Limited ("Toys 'R' Us") a company incorporated in England & Wales with company number 1809223. Toys 'R' Us's registered office is at Mitre House, 160 Aldersgate Street, London EC1A 4DD. VAT Number 410802502.
Terms & Conditions of Use
1. Material You Provide To Us
If you send ideas, remarks, questions, data, graphics or the like ("the Submissions") to the Site, these will be deemed to be non-confidential and we will be entitled to use or disclose the Submissions in any manner whatsoever, without liability or notice to you. The Submissions or any other information you send to the Site should not be, or contain, material which is offensive, pornographic, defamatory, blasphemous, unlawful or likely to infringe any applicable law, whether civil, criminal or religious. You agree that all material submitted to us is original to you, and not copied in whole or part from any third party. Please do not send anything which is required to be kept confidential.
2. Linked Sites
We are not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site nor have we reviewed any such site. If you link to any off-site pages or other sites without our prior written permission, such action will be at your own risk. We cannot be held responsible for the contents of any web site which is electronically linked to the Site and which is not maintained by us.
3. Copyright and Trademarks
All Site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software compilations, underlying source code, software (including applets) and all other material on this Site are the copyright of Toys 'R' Us and its affiliates, or their content and technology providers. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted to electronically copy and to print in hard copy portions of the Site for the sole purpose of placing an order with us or using the Site as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this Site, including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or republication, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited.
All brand names, product names and titles used in the Site are trade marks or trade names of their respective holders. No permission is given in respect of the use of any of these names or titles and moreover any such use may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights.
5. Competition Terms and Conditions
Entrants must be aged 18 years or over and resident in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
Employees of the Toys "R" Us group of companies, their agents and families are excluded from entering the draw.
Those professionally associated with the promotion and their families are excluded from entering the draw.
Entry into this competition confirms your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and your agreement to be bound by the decisions of Toys "R" Us.
Entry is strictly limited to one entry per person. Entries from agents or third parties are invalid. Proof of sending is not regarded as proof of receipt.
Toys "R" Us cannot be held responsible for entries lost, delayed or unclear.
The winners will be selected at random from all the entries received before the closing date and time.
The winners may also be contacted by the promoters agents or third parties to arrange provision of the prize.
Winners will be notified by private message within 14 days of the closing date.
Should Toys "R" Us be unable to contact the winners, or the winners fail to accept the prize by email, phone call or letter within 14 days, another winner will be selected at random.
The winners agree to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests relating to any post-winning publicity
There is no cash alternative to the stated prize. Toys "R" Us reserves the right to offer a similar prize, or a prize of equal or greater value, if the stated prize is unavailable.
The judges' decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
The promoter of these competitions is Toys "R" Us, Geoffrey House, Maidenhead Business Park, Westacott Way, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 3QH
Terms & Conditions of Business
1. Sale and Purchase
We will sell and you will purchase products subject to our terms and conditions of business set out below. The contract in respect of the products supplied by us to you comes into existence when your order has been accepted by us. For the avoidance of doubt, receipt of an order via our Site does not constitute acceptance of an order.
1.1 Toys R Us is a retailer and we do not provide goods for resale. We reserve the right to investigate and cancel any orders that we believe are for this purpose.
We may restrict the maximum quantity of an item that can be ordered per customer. Any attempt to breach these restrictions may result in the suspension of your account.
2.1 All prices are quoted in pounds Sterling and are inclusive of VAT unless otherwise specified.
2.2 Prices are subject to any changes to the rate or applicability of VAT
2.3 All item prices are exclusive of delivery and packaging, unless otherwise stated. Details of our delivery charges are found in our "Delivery" section.
2.4 Prices are correct at the time of order only and relate to internet purchases only. All orders for products are subject to availability and we reserve the right to refuse to supply any particular person.
3.1 Toysrus.co.uk only charge your payment card when we physically despatch your goods not when you place your order. To ensure there are sufficient funds to pay for your order your bank reserves the required amount in your account. This is common practice amongst mail order retailers.
The value of the reserved funds will not be available to spend on your card for the duration of the reservation and will therefore affect your available funds. In normal circumstances the reserved amount will be paid to us when your order is despatched.
If your order request is unsuccessful we advise your bank to release any reserved funds. Unfortunately not all banks currently have the ability to process this cancellation, so any reservations will naturally expire (usually within 4-5 days), and the funds will be made available for you to spend.
Your order will not fail if your reservation expires before despatch but it may mean that we have to contact you for an alternative form of payment.
3.2 Payment must be made in pounds Sterling only by major credit or debit cards as listed: Visa, Delta, Master Card, Switch and Electron, or UK issued Toys R Us / Babies R Us Gift Cards.
4. Passing of Property
We will retain the property in the products until full payment has been made by you and has been received by us.
5. Passing of Risk
The risk in the products will pass to you on delivery, as set out in paragraph 6.3 below.
6.1 Any date or period for delivery will be considered as indicative only, although it is our policy to try to fulfill standard delivery orders within 4 working days and named day deliveries on the specified day. Standard delivery orders containing items weighing more than 20 kilograms or to remote or rural addresses might take longer to deliver. We cannot be held responsible for delays in the delivery caused by our suppliers, or any other third party.
6.2 All products are sent by courier or Royal Mail.
6.3 You bear the risk once the products have been signed for/delivered.
You will inspect products within a reasonable time after their receipt and you will be deemed to have accepted the products unless you notify us in accordance with paragraph 8 below that you want to cancel your order or you notify us in accordance with paragraph 9 below that the products are faulty. If no such action is taken, we will consider the products being as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for their purpose, and may not accept any rejection or cancellation at a later date. Your statutory customer rights are not affected.
8. Right to Cancel
You have the right to cancel your contract with us at any time before the expiry of 14 working days from the day after the date of delivery of the products. It is your responsibility to take reasonable care of the products until they are received by us. You will receive a full refund of the purchase price and the delivery charge.
8.2 Exceptions to the right to cancel:
- Some items of furniture delivered direct from the supplier, which have been assembled by the carrier in your home and signed for as satisfactory by the you.
- Fabric packs cut to the metre.
- Video games, DVD’s and Videos will only be accepted if the packaging has been unopened and the security seal is still intact.
- PCs will only be accepted if all of the bundled software seals are intact, the PC is returned to factory settings and there is no personal data left on the machine.
- Items which we have made, personalised or customised specifically for you.
Please refer to our Returns Procedure for details of how to return items purchased from this Site.
9. Faulty Items
9.1 Items faulty at the point of sale:
- Any item that was faulty at the point of sale may be returned for free repair, replacement or refund, provided you have the original receipt or alternative proof of purchase and the faulty item is returned complete with all components.
- For items to be returned more than six months after the time of purchase the same above applies but in addition, evidence of fault at the time of sale will be required.
- Please note that you will not be entitled to a repair, replacement or refund in respect of fair wear and tear. Please return the original and complete packaging.
- Please refer to our Returns Procedure for details of how to return items purchased from this Site
9.2 Faults developed within the warranty period:
- Most items sold by Toys "R" Us Direct come with a 12 month manufacturer’s warranty. If a product develops a fault within the warranty period assistance will be provided by way of spares or a repair depending on the type of product purchased. Wear and tear is not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
9.2.1 Specific requirements relating to certain product categories:
- All Wheeled Goods, Bikes and Outdoor Play Equipment Please note any faulty wheeled goods, bikes and/or outdoor play equipment must be returned to a Toys "R" Us store where a qualified member of staff will assess the fault.
- It is advisable to contact the store you are returning the item to, to ensure there will be a member of staff available to check your item. Frames, inner tubes and tyres are not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty
- In the case of outdoor play equipment installed at home free replacement parts will be ordered for customer installation.
- Exception:- Large items delivered direct from the supplier cannot be returned to a store (highlighted next to the product on your Delivery Note). Contact Toys "R" Us Direct who will contact the supplier with details of the item’s fault who will instruct how to proceed with repairing or replacing the item.
Please click here for details on how to contact Toys "R" Us Direct.
Computer Hardware and Peripherals
All Multimedia computers are covered by a 12 month hardware warranty which covers all parts and labour for hardware faults. Following installation, should the item develop a fault you should contact the relevant manufacturer’s help line. A qualified technician will diagnose the nature of the fault, & in the case of hardware failure, the following procedures will apply:-
- Faults within 28 days
- An exchange or refund will be issued providing the item is returned within 28 days from the original date of purchase.
- Faults after 28 days but within 12 months
- An engineer will visit you at home to repair the fault. If the fault requires a replacement unit, the manufacturer will either swap out the hardware at home or issue an authorisation code for the product to be returned to a Toys "R" Us store.
- The help line will diagnose the fault and arrange, with your assistance, for the laptop to be couriered (at their expense) to their workshop where it will be repaired and sent back to you. It will be returned, or if the fault requires it replaced within 28 working days.
- All of our peripherals are covered by a return to manufacturer warranty. In the event of a fault our special technical help lines will assess the fault and will arrange for free repair or replacement. In some cases it may be necessary for you to return the item to the manufacturer for repair (at no cost to you).
- We regret we are not liable for loss of any data stored on computers.
- Returns of non-faulty software items will only be considered if the packaging has remained unopened with the seal unbroken.
- Consumer Electronics (e.g. TV, Video, DVD, Karaoke & Videogame Hardware)
- In the event of a fault you should contact the relevant manufacturer’s help line, contained in the product’s warranty details, for the fault to be diagnosed. You will then be directed to an authorised service centre or to your local Toys "R" Us store for a replacement. In some cases it may be necessary for you to return the item to the manufacturer for repair (at no cost to you).
- In the event of a fault, you should contact the relevant network help line for the fault to be diagnosed. Where a fault is identified you will be directed to take the item to the nearest authorised service centre for free repair. A repair will be carried out within seven working days. Where a service centre is not available the manufacturer will arrange for your phone to be collected for repair within seven working days and your phone will be returned repaired within a further seven working days.
- If a repair or replacement is unavailable we will refund your money.
- This faulty items returns policy does not affect your statutory rights (including without limitation your right to reject faulty items and receive a full refund if you raise the matter within a reasonable time).
Strollers and pushchairs
- All strollers, including umbrella fold strollers are only covered by a six month warranty. All other pushchairs are covered by a 12 month warranty.
10.1 Please note that our products and promotions are only available in mainland United Kingdom and Northern Ireland* and, as such, may be unavailable in the region or country from which you are accessing the Site.
* Some products not available for delivery in Northern Ireland. Exceptions are detailed within individual Product Descriptions.
10.2 Most age recommendations and suitabilities on the site are a guide only, including video game titles displaying an age certification classified by the Entertainment & Leisure Software Publishers Association (ELSPA). Video game titles displaying an age certification classified by the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) cannot be purchased by anyone under the certified age.
10.3 If any part or parts of these terms and conditions are deemed invalid, void or unenforceable, then that part or those parts will be considered severable from these terms and conditions thereby not preventing the remainder from being enforceable or effective.
10.4 These terms and conditions may be revised at any time and we reserve the right to do so. You are, therefore, advised to keep up to date with the contents of these terms and conditions as revisions are binding upon you.
10.5 Nothing in these terms and conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods. For further information about your statutory rights contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizen's Advice Bureau.
11. Governing Law
Your use of this Site and any purchase by you on this Site of any products will be governed by English Law and will be deemed
12. Click & Collect
12.1 Price is maximum you will pay in store and is reflective of any promotions currently active. Promotion prices are only honoured if collected in store before the end date, highlighted in the 'How to activate promotion' instructions.
12.2 ‘In Stock' is only an indication on the availability of an item, not a guarantee. When you confirm your reservation we will check stock in your chosen store and contact you when it is ready to collect.
12.3 You will need to pay when collecting your reservation at your chosen Toys R Us store. You may pay using a different payment method, including Gift Cards and coupons. We will not store your payment details.